Ceramic / Fibreglass Pools: Easy to Install & Maintain!
Ceramic / Fibreglass Pools have been popular because of their simplistic monolithic design and features for many years. The advantages of a fibreglass-laminated Swimming pool have always been the easy installation with very little maintenance, We can also offer One Piece Fibreglass Pools up to 10m x 3.75m x 1.5m Because there are many designs like roman end entry steps or integral corner steps, equally full width steps there is surely something for you to like. Please Call us for details
3D-Metallic Colour Finish (additional cost compared with PLAIN Colour Finishes)
NOTE: Colour Swatches displayed on this website may or may not match ACTUAL Gel coat finish RAL colours, due to lighting conditions and web image formats. Please ask for a Swatch Sample!
1. First gelcoat layer
It is an external (visible to the naked eye) and a more popular layer of the pool. Tool character.
2. Second gelcoat layer
The second layer of gel coat is applied to additionally make the basin resistant.
3. Barrier Coat layer
Spray barrier layer protects the pool surface against osmosis and bubbles.
4. Protective layer
It is a vinyl ester resin that has the same task as the coat barrier layer.
5. Construction layer
It consists of several (depending on the size of the pool) layers of glass mat and resin. This layer is designed to strengthen the entire pan structure.
6. Steel reinforcement
It is steel placed under the pool frame and on the embossing. Its task is to prevent the walls from bending and additionally strengthen the entire basin.
7. Reinforcement layer
The roving fabric is an additional material strengthening the structure.
8. Insulation layer
It is a polyurethane foam whose task is to reduce heat loss and protect the pool from external damage.
- placing the pool (outside or inside)
- area designated for the pool
- people who are going to use the pool (shallow pool might be a good idea)
- amount we can allocate for buying the pool and equipment
If we follow above advice, it would be easier to choose precise pool, equipment, and roofing.
Advices presented below might be helpful in making good choice:
1. For pool to serve it purpose as long as it is possible, one must take care of water, what is done by adequately chosen filters system and chemical agents for water conservation. By various chemicals, according to customer needs, we are at service in choosing good chemical agent.
2. Regarding filters system, it must be said, that swimming pools should be equipped with the sand filters, because only those filters water in a proper way, removing dirt. Here at MY POOL DIRECT, we sell complete filter sets (very good quality), that we offer individually, to each customer, tailoring filter to specific pool dimension.
3. Essential for a pool is its insulation, the best is polyurethane foam that serves many functions:
- hermetically isolates pool (bottom and sides)
- rises water temperature, even of several degrees,
- contributes to reduce the installation time (insulated pool is placed in prepared foundations without need for additional insulation).
4. One of the factors that influence quality of bath in the swimming pool is sense of safety, which is why roofing is not without meaning.
Pool roofing serves many functions:
- protects child or animal from
- falling into the pool
- allows to use pool during inclement weather
- heats up water
- optically enlarges the pool
- protects from contamination from the outside
- lengthens bathing season.
5. Before we will use a chemical agent, it is recommended to use a hoover to remove of all dirt from the bottom and walls of a pool.
6. Without question, one of attractions while having a bath in the swimming pool is creating, so called “artificial wave”. For this purpose serves device for the water massage, ie. „Tajfun Jet”, „Hurricane”, which through creating strong stream of water, giving possibility to swim in place or whole body massage.
7. For many people water temperature is crucial for taking pleasure from having a bath. Sun’s rays are not always sufficient. To obtain suitable temperature may be use not only the roofing, but also solar covering (so called solar foil), sun collectors, heat interchangers or <a href=”/store/accessories/heat-pumps-xhp/brilix-heat-pumps-xhpfd/heat pumps” title=”Affordable Brilex Heat Pumps”><strong>Electric heat Pumps</strong></a>
8. Lighting is also essential to create conditions when having a bath is more relaxing and pleasurable.
Installing lamps gives possibility of using a pool late night, without need of additional lighting. Except that, illuminated pool (especially at night) makes extraordinary impression.
**For a more accurate installation guide please see our Faq’s for one piece pools**
1. Prior to assembly, choose a location and dig a hole larger than the size of the pool.
2. Add a Soak away drainage system before adding the concrete base. Prepare a concrete cast mix. Pour a cement and sand mixture about 10cm thick, or the cast, onto the bottom of the hole, then level thebottom. Sprinkle everything with water.
3. Cross-section of the pool to help you determine the size of the hole and amount of concrete cast.
Ask us to send you a basic diagram of the pool model that you are interested in.
4. Pour water into the pool up to the level of about 20cm
5. Pour the cement and sand mix around the sides of the pool till thewater and mix levels are the same. Pour water onto the mix so that themix ideally adjusts to the pool shape
6. Pour an additional 20 cm of water into the pool
7. Repeat steps 5and 6 until the pool is filled
- It is best to fit the filter near the pool, in a well below the skimmer level.
- Before winter, leave the water level below nozzles so that no water remains in the filtration system.
- It is not recommended to empty the pool of water completely for winter.