Thermotec Eco Inverter Horizontal Swimming Pool Heat Pumps 7kw to 19kw (Extended Season Use)
£1,625 – £2,750 Plus 20% VAT
We only have limited stock so please be quick to save disappointment! Please Contact Us if you need any assistance to select the best size and type of heat pump for your pool.
MY POOL DIRECT is the trusted specialist supplier of swimming pool heat pumps throughout the UK and Europe. We have many years of experience in the market and have used our expertise to research and design our own range of swimming pool heat pumps.
New, the Thermotec Eco Inverter range of pool heat pumps offers an excellent inverter-driven heat pump at a low cost with high value for money.
The Thermotec Eco Inverter range is fully inverter driven. This means that they automatically adjust the speed of the fan and compressor to precisely match the heat demand from the pool.
The ability to adjust the output of the heat pump allows the Thermotec Eco Inverter to deliver greatly reduced running costs with COPs of up to 12.5. This means that for every 1kw of electricity used by the heat pump, 12.5kw of heat is delivered to the pool. This delivers reduced running costs compared with other heat pumps on the market
In addition, the inverter technology has a reduced electrical startup requirement, making them ideal for properties with a sensitive or limited electrical supply.
- Fully inverter driven with variable speed fan and compressor to deliver the lowest running costs with a maximum heat output
- High efficiency with COPs of up to 12.5. This means that for every 1kw of electricity used by the heat pump, up to 12.5kw of heat is returned to the pool.
- Equipped with an easy-to-use touch screen display/control panel.
- Top-quality Mitsubishi variable speed inverter compressor
- Brushless variable speed DC fan motor – very efficient with extremely quiet operation
- The Control panel is lockable to prevent tampering with the pool set temperature (useful for rented properties)
- Five different models: 7kw, 9kw, 12kw, 16kw, 19kw
- All models use single-phase power (ie 220v to 240v)
- Provides cooling and heating of pool water
- Suitable for pools, swim spas, hot tubs, and koi ponds, etc
- Soft start with reduced electrical startup requirements for properties with sensitive or limited power supplies
- Low noise, variable speed fan.
- Corrosion-resistant case
- Microprocessor controlled
- Automatic hot-gas defrosting.
- Built-in timer and clock
- Set Temperatures for this model are 15-43 degrees
- Silent mode
- Titanium heat exchanger – resistant to corrosion from chlorine or salt pools.
- Operates in air temperatures as low as -5 °C.
- 2-Year Warranty
- Note: these heat pumps do not come with a power cable or plug. They require a heavy-duty piece of round flex cable with a 13A UK plug on the end.
- The Eco Fun 7kw, 9kw, and 12kw can be run from a standard 13A UK Plug, larger models need to be hardwired as they can exceed 13A
- Note: These heat pumps come with 50mm Unions for the use with 1.5″ Solid pipework – with this you will need to purchase 2 x 50mm to 1.5″ Adaptors plus a bottle of glue as listed on the optional extras.
- For above-ground pools please choose 2 x 1.5″ Threaded Hosetail’s and 2 x Jubliee clips which are available on the listing as an optional extra. This will allow you to connect 32mm/38mm flexi hose.
COP And Performance
By using the latest inverter technology, the Thermotec Eco Inverter can outperform traditional on/off type heat pumps as well as many other inverter-driven models.
Even as the outside air temperature falls, the Thermotec Eco Inverter will still perform well, delivering heat to your pool.
The Thermotec Inverter heat pumps can work well with outside air temperatures as low as -5c
The COP (Coefficient of Performance) is the ratio of the amount of heat (in kw) that the heat pump delivers to your pool compared to the electricity that the heat pump uses (in kw)
By using the latest inverter technology, the Thermotec Inverter has COPs up to 12.5. This means that in these conditions, 1kw of electricity consumed by the heat pump will output 12.5kw of heat to your pool !
Extremely Quiet Operation
The Thermotec Eco Inverter range works very silently thanks to a unique internal ventilation system and inverter technology.
Both the fan and compressor automatically adjust their speed to match the pool heat demand, therefore once the pool is up to temperature, the unit can operate with reduced power consumption and noise.
The Thermotec Eco Inverter display will show:
- The current pool water temperature
- The mode (e.g. heating or cooling)
- If the timer function has been set
- If the fan is operating
- The current time and date
- The outside ambient temperature
- If there is a fault, a fault code is displayed to explain the problem
- There is a protective flap over the display to protect it from the weather and UV rays from the sun
- Inlet water temperature
- Outlet water temperature
What size heat pump do I require for my pool?
The sizing guide for a covered pool is:
|Model||Kw||Max Pool Volume||Absolute Max Pool Volume|
|Thermotec Eco Inverter Horizontal||7kw||25m3||35m3|
|Thermotec Eco Inverter Horizontal||9kw||
|Thermotec Eco Inverter Horizontal||12kw||
|Thermotec Eco Inverter Horizontal||16kw||
|Thermotec Eco Inverter Horizontal||19kw||
|Model||Max Current||Breaker Size||Runs from 13A UK Plug?||Min Cable Size mm2|
|16kw||14A||20A Type C||No||4mm2|
|19kw||15.9A||20A Type C||No||4mm2|
Mounting Feet Included
The Thermotec Eco Inverter horizontal range of heat pumps come with:-
- 2 x Water connection unions (with 50mm glue socket outlets – 1.5″ adaptor bushes available as an option)
- 4 x Rubber mounting feet (heavy duty mounting blocks available as an option – see below)
These heat pumps come with grey 50mm unions which you will use with 2 x 50mm/1.5″ Adaptor bushes if you wish to use 1.5″solid pipe and glue.
If you wish to connect flexible hose to the heat pump for above ground pools, then please also purchase: 2 x 1.5″ Threaded Hosetail’s and 2 x Jubliee clips which are available on the listing as an optional extra.
Heavy Duty Mounting Feet
These heat pumps come with rubber mounting feet (see photo above). Alternatively, you can purchase these heavy-duty Mounting Feet. These raise the unit off the ground by approximately 100mm and also help to reduce vibration. Please ask about our Mounting Feet and Slabs for more information.
Please Contact Us for more information about our Bypass Kits.
We offer a heavy duty cover which will give you added and extended protection against the winter weather. Please Contact Us about our heater Winter Covers for more information.
We offer a plug and play cable kit, this allows the heat pump to be plugged into a standard 13A outdoor socket. Suitable for heat pumps with an input power up to 3kw or 13A.
Installation is straightforward. We can provide advice on installing your heat pump. We can also offer advice on how to acquire an installer in your geographical area..
Choose a location for your heat pump where it can get a good flow of air. The optimum efficiency of the heat pump relies on good airflow.
Where possible the heat pump should always be installed outdoors so it can receive a good supply of fresh air to operate and extract the heat from.
We accept all major credit and debit cards, Bank Transfer (BACS) and Paypal
FREE UK DELIVERY
We can ship to any country. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
The lead time on most items is normally on a 1-2 day delivery, subject to availability. Please call to check availability.
|Single Phase KW||
7kw, 9kw, 12kw, 16kw, 19kw