Swimming Pool Accessories
Hand-picked Products for inground back garden pools by UK swimming pool distributors
Typical Swimming Pool System
Isothermic Pool Covers
Child Protection & Safety Covers
Pool KIT Products
Tips for Swimming Pool Groundworks and Installation.
Choosing your dream garden swimming pool can be quite a stressful experience. My Pool Direct try and take that stress away by being available to guide you through the process from start to finish.
We understand that all our clients, new and old, will always have questions to ask.
How to find groundworkers to build a garden swimming pool are usually the first questions asked. Firstly, you will, of course, need to have a grounds worker in mind to carry out the work. We suggest looking for a recommended team or those highly regarded in your area by feedback online.
We can also suggest a company locally to us in East Anglia called Furman Groundworks (07549 171459). They have carried out many swimming pool groundworks and offer a fantastic job from start to finish.
The process is quite simple:
Firstly, make sure you have enough access to the rear of your property. This is to allow for persons, equipment, and removing the waste away from the hole in the garden etc.
Once the project starts, the next stages to happen are as follows:
- Digging the hole is usually up to 1m larger in diameter than the size of your chosen garden swimming pool.
- Removing the soil (waste) away from the area to a skip/grab lorry, or to loose around your grounds if you are able.
- Adding a soakaway allows any potential groundwater to leave the area under the pool that may build up over time. Failing that, usually, a submersible pump can be used. This is all needed in case the garden swimming pool is ever drained for cleaning.
- Laying a flat level concrete Base with mesh to re-enforce for the swimming pool to be lowered onto.
- Digging a channel for the Pipework to be laid into for the flow and return to the plant room. This will also need to have the electrical feed for the lights in your Swimming pool.
- Once complete, the pool can arrive and be lowered into the hole you have created.
- Everything will need to be installed into the pre-cut holes and connected.
- Once done, please follow the procedures outlined in the links available for the backfill procedure for your garden swimming pool.
Remember, we are always available to answer any other questions you may have.